Kyneton Daffodil & Arts Festival Art Photography Prize 2021
Conditions of Entry
There is no theme for the 2021 competition – all photographs will be included in an Open Theme category
General Conditions of Entry:
- Open to entrants 17 years and over.
- Entry Forms must be received by Wedneday 25th August.
- Maximum 4 entries per entrant.
- Entry Fee $5 per entry payable by EFT or on delivery of entry. No late entries accepted.
- Each entry must be the entrant’s own work commencing with an original image captured by the entrant using a camera. (Commercial printing and mounting of image permitted).
- There are no limitations placed on the expressive and creative manipulation of photographs using computer software, however all significant elements in submitted works should commence with an image captured by a camera and not computer-generated graphics. The entry shall not have been entered in public competitions previously.
- Entries are to use archival quality/acid free photographic paper and materials.
- Prints must be firmly mounted and be suitable for hanging eg on foam board, mount board, mat board or stiff card 400gsm minimum weight. (Note: light card will not be accepted). Framing or mat surrounds are optional and will not be a condition of judging. Clips will be attached at top corners to hang unframed works.
- Minimum print size: 20cm x 25cm. Maximum size of entry including mat surround (if used) 40cm x 50cm.
- Works on canvas, acrylic or glass accepted, please provide means to hang work, maximum size 40cm x 50cm.
- Attach a label with your name, Title of Work, and category of entry on the back.
- All works are to be for sale, with sales of further prints catered for. There is a 25% commission + GST on all sales to the Festival.
- All or selected works will be exhibited. The curator retains the right to reject any works for display./
- The Winners will be fully recognized and allow their work to appear in print and electronic media for Festival promotion. All entrants to allow their works to appear in publicity for the Festival. Copyright is retained by the entrants.
The Winner will be awarded a $250 Kyneton Daffodil & Arts Festival Art Photography Prize for 2021. There will be a $100 prize for the runner-up.
A People’s Choice honorable mention will also be awarded at the end of the exhibition
- Entries can be of any theme or subject and will be judged on artistic merit, composition, originality, technical excellence, and overall impact.
- The competition will be judged by a panel from the art and photography community.
- The judge’s decision will be final.
- Works will be exhibited during The Kyneton Daffodil & Arts Festival in the Studio Gallery of The Old Auction House, 52-56 Mollison St, Kyneton from Friday 3 September until Monday 13th September 2021.
- Winning entries in each section will be displayed at the Kyneton Mechanics Institute during the opening event.
- Works are to be delivered with entry fee to the Kyneton Mechanics Institute between 3pm and 6pm on Wednesday 1st September.
- Unsold works may not be removed until the closing of the exhibition and may be collected within a period of 2 weeks from The Old Auction House, after 9am Wednesday 15th September 2021.
- Please note: Any damage to or loss of any exhibit howsoever and wherever occurring and whether whilst in transit, on display, in storage, or otherwise shall be the sole responsibility of the entrant.
- The Kyneton Daffodil & Arts Festival will not cover costs for delivery or collection of works.
- The announcement and presentation of the Prize Winners will be made during the Festival Opening at the Kyneton Mechanics Institute, Thursday 2nd September from 7.30pm. Entrants are warmly invited to the opening event.