Celebrate with Scarecrows
Why not join in the fun of making a scarecrow and displaying it in your garden for this year’s Daffodil & Arts Festival? There’s plenty of time to get inspired by this year’s theme ‘Daffodil Dreaming'.
Friday, 30 August 2019 @ 5.00 pm
Deadline to enter Scarecrow Competition
Saturday, 31 August 2019
2.00 to 4.00 pm
Scarecrow Making Workshop, The Old Auction House, 56 Mollison Street The workshop fee is $15.00 which includes entry into the competition.
Thursday, 5 September 2019
All scarecrows must be on display by this date. If you are unable to display your scarecrow at home, you can bring it the the Kyneton Mechanics Institute Reserve to display on Saturday, 7 August 2019 (which is also judging day).
Festival Grand Opening
Kyneton Mechanics Institute, Mollison Street, Kyneton
All scarecrow makers are invited to attend
5-15 September 2019
Scarecrow exhibition period
Saturday, 7 September 2019
Scarecrow Competition Judging Day
If you wish, bring your scarecrow to the Kyneton Mechanics Institute Reserve to display.
Sunday, 15 September 2019
Winners announced after the parade in the Kyneton Mechanics Institute Reserve
- Best individual or family entry
- Best community entry
- Best business entry
- Best entry on the Festival theme of ‘Daffodil Dreaming’
Best Scarecrow, selected by a judging panel - $50.00
People's Choice Award, determined by public ballot - $50.00
Ballot box located at the Information Desk at the Kyneton Mechanics Institute during the Festival.
Prizes are also awarded to winners of the other categories that are judged by our panel of judges.
How to enter
To enter your scarecrow, complete an entry form and pay the $5.00 entry fee by 5.00 pm on Friday, 30 August 2019.
Complete and submit the entry form:
- using the online entry form
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to Scarecrow Competition, PO Box 59, Kyneton Vic 3444.
Pay the $5 registration fee:
- by EFT to BSB 633108 Account 100697648 in name of Kyneton Daffodil & Arts Festival Inc. Please enter 'Scarecrow' in the description field
- by cheque to 'Kyneton Daffodil & Arts Festival Inc.' and post to Scarecrow Competition, PO Box 59, Kyneton Vic 3444.
When you register you will receive a laminated sign with a number to hang on your scarecrow. This number will appear on the Scarecrow Trail Map.
A Scarecrow Making Workshop will be held at The Old Auction House, 52-56 Mollison Street, Kyneton on Saturday, 31 August 2019 from 2.00 to 4.00 pm. There is a fee of $15.00 for the workshop, which covers materials and competition entry fee. To register email email@example.com or phone 5422 2282. The deadline to register is Friday, 30 August 2019.
Display your scarecrow on Facebook and Instagram!
Email a photo of your scarecrow to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post it on the Festival's Facebook and Instagram pages.
Phone: 5422 2282
Fax: 03 5422 2990
Conditions of entry
- The Scarecrow Competition is open to individuals, families, school and community groups and businesses.
- Entries should be clearly identified with name, address, email and telephone number.
- Entries submitted after the due date of 30 August 2019 can still be part of the scarecrow exhibition but are not eligible for prizes.
- The Kyneton Daffodil & Arts Festival Inc. retains the right to reject works for display. Each entry will be allocated a number which will be marked on the scarecrow and placed on the Scarecrow Trail Map.
- Scarecrows can be displayed on private property for drive-by or walk-by viewing from the footpath or road only.
- Businesses displaying scarecrows on their premises need to carry public liability insurance.
- If you are unable to display your scarecrow at home, you can bring it to the Kyneton Mechanics Institute Reserve on Saturday, 7 September from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- Scarecrows for display in the Kyneton Mechanics Institute Reserve on 7 September 2019 will be covered by the Festival’s public liability insurance.
- Scarecrows on display in any other public place at any other time with the Festival’s approval will also be covered by the Festival’s public liability insurance.
- Scarecrow owners are responsible for delivery, installation and removal of their scarecrows to and from the Kyneton Mechanics Institute Reserve or other public display.
- The Kyneton Daffodil & Arts Festival Inc will not cover costs for delivery or collection of scarecrows.
- Any damage to or loss of any exhibit is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor.
- Any entries may be used for publicity purposes by Kyneton Daffodil & Arts Festival Inc.