Kyneton Daffodil Art Prize
Artists from all walks of life are warmly invited to enter the Kyneton Daffodil & Arts Festival Daffodil Art Prize competition.
The prize for the best artwork containing daffodils is $500.
The Esther Rose Memorial Daffodil Art Prize is $200 offered by Ken Rose for the best watercolour.
Winners will be announced at the opening of the Festival on Thursday, 5 September 2019. All persons entering, and their family and friends, are invited to attend.
The artworks will be exhibited and available for sale at the Kyneton Mechanic's Institute, 81 Mollison Street, for the duration of the Festival.
The Daffodil Art Prize began in 2007 and has continued to attract high-quality work in many mediums each year. The watercolour award was first offered in 2015 in memory of the late Esther Rose, a two-time winner.
Friday, 16 August 2019 – Deadline to enter
Wednesday, 4 September 2019 between 3.00 pm and 6.00 pm – Works delivered to the Kyneton Mechanics Institute
Thursday, 5 September 2019 at 7.30 pm – Prizes announced at the Festival opening
Sunday, 15 September 2019 between 4.00 pm and 6.00 pm – Works collected from the Kyneton Mechanics Institute
- Artwork must be original and not previously reproduced.
- Works must contain recognisable daffodils. Landscape or elements depicted should reflect the Kyneton area.
- Works can be fantasy or abstract, and need not be of daffodils only.
- No photography and computer generated images.
- No wording on the artwork unless part of scene.
- Two dimensional works must be mounted.
- Framing is not necessary.
How to enter
- The competition is open to people aged 17 years and older.
- Entry forms must be received by Friday, 16 August 2019.
- You can enter using the online form OR collect a paper form from the Kyneton Visitor Information Centre at 127 High Street, Kyneton.
- The entry fee is $10 per artwork.
- Each artwork must be clearly labelled with the artist's name, address and telephone number and the title of the artwork.
- Please provide means to hang the artwork if this is required.
Conditions of entry
- The Committee may reproduce all entries for the purpose of publicity.
- The Committee will acquire the exclusive right to reproduce the winning entry in total or in part and promote the winning artist for a period of two years.
- All artworks will be for sale. The Kyneton Daffodil & Arts Festival Inc will receive 25 per cent of any sales as a commission.
- Any reproduction of the winning work may be altered as determined by the Committee.
- Artworks may not be removed until the exhibition closes at 4.00 pm on Sunday, 15 September 2019.
- The Kyneton Daffodil & Arts Festival Inc retains the right to reject works for display.
- Any damage to or loss of any exhibit howsoever and wherever occurring, and whether while in transit, on display in storage or otherwise shall be the sole responsibility of the exhibitor.
- The Kyneton Daffodil & Arts Festival Inc will not cover costs for delivery or collection of artwork.
- Judging will take place prior to the Festival opening. The judges' decision will be final.